Principles of Business Process Management
- 7 CDU/.7 CEU/7 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDP260Course Code
- This course is part of the Business Process Management Professional and Business Architecture Programs. These programs provide the practical tools and foundations used in analyzing business processes and redesigning or improving processes.
This course is the foundation for all courses in the Business Process Management curriculum and is required for CEG BPM certification. It provides an overview and discussion of the principles, concepts and techniques required to transform your business from a traditional, functional organization to a process-centric organization. The course introduces a systematic approach and methodology for planning, monitoring, measuring, and managing your company’s business process performance and for redesigning and improving specific processes.
Who should attend
This introduction to BPM is a must for everyone interested in business process improvement. It’s designed for business managers, business analysts, and practitioners involved in process-based change and the human and automation of process solutions. This course is the foundation for all other courses in the CEG BPM curriculum. It establishes a methodology, a common language, and a baseline for all other courses in the curriculum.
What you will achieve
- Understand the value and benefits of business process management.
- Understand the principles of business process management and how to apply them.
- Understand BPM best practices and methodologies.
- Understand the respective roles of change management, process architecture, process analysis, process redesign, process improvement, process automation, and organization design.
- Understand basic BPM management and measurement techniques.
What you will learn
- The key considerations of a process-based approach to business process change management
- The strategic, tactical, and operational considerations in a comprehensive BPM framework
- The role of business processes in an organization
- The basic concepts, principles, and techniques of BPM
- How to plan for cross-organization acceptance and implementation
- What Is a Business Process?
- What Is an Organization’s Process Maturity Level?
- What Are the Benefits of BPM?
- The Enterprise Level
- The Enterprise Business Context
- Enterprise Process Models
- Performance Measurements
- Process Governance
- Architecture Alignment
- BPM Group Establishment
- The Process Level
- A Process Level Methodology
- Understand Phase
- Analyze Phase
- Redesign Phase
- Implement and Roll-Out Phases
- Ongoing Process Execution
- The Implementation Level
- IT Implementation
- HR Implementation
- Other Types of Implementation
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.