- 1.4 CEU/28 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDP335Course Code
If you want to be effective using the PRINCE2® method, a command of the theory behind it (as taught in MDP334 PRINCE2 Foundation) is essential. But theory alone is not enough; you must be ready to apply the theory to real project situations. As a natural follow-up to the theory-based Foundation course, this course is focused on applying the theory to a real-life case study. Students will work alone or in pairs as they create many of the management products needed to manage the case study project. Through this application, they will be preparing themselves not only for the Practitioner exam but also for applying the method on the projects back in their workplace.
This is the second of two certification courses on the PRINCE2 project management methodology. Its aim is to provide students with the skills needed to apply PRINCE2 theory to practical scenarios and prepare them for the Practitioner certification exam.
We cover the full PRINCE2 Practitioner syllabi as defined by APMG to prepare students to take the Practitioner exam. To receive the greatest benefit from the course and be properly prepared for the exam, significant pre-course and evening work will be required of each student.
This course may be taken alone or in combination with the 3-day Foundation course.
The Practitioner Exam is administered after lunch on the second day of the course. It is a 2.5-hour "open book" objective testing format, a style of complex multiple choice examination designed to test the students’ ability to apply the PRINCE2 methodology in a working environment.
Students must achieve a score of 44 out of 80 (55%) in order to pass the exam. Students who do not achieve the minimum score may re-take the exam at a later date. Students who retake the exam will be charged an additional exam fee of $545.00, and students must schedule exam re-takes in advance at a time and location that is mutually agreed upon with CEG.
Students must have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam to attend this course and take the Practitioner exam. If you have special needs and feel you are unable to sit for a 2.5-hour exam, please contact us upon receipt of your confirmation e-mail to discuss options to accommodate your needs. Also, should you require special class setups due to physical inabilities, such as vision loss or hearing loss, please contact us to discuss how we can meet your special needs.
Who should attend
Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Team Members
- Individuals interested in project work and a controlled approach to managing projects
Students must have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam to attend this course. There is extensive prework for the class which takes 1 week at approximately 2 hours per day to complete. The prework must be completed before the start of this class. Registration for this class will be closed 3 weeks before the start date.
What you will achieve
- Skills for applying the elements of PRINCE2 in a realistic, practical setting
- Skills to organize, plan, control, and close projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2 methodology
- Practical application of PRINCE2 (including the development of key management products) through the use of a detailed case study
- Comprehensive preparation for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
What you will learn
- How to navigate through all 7 PRINCE2 processes
- How to navigate key PRINCE2 elements through the appropriate PRINCE2 processes, themes and principles
- How to create a number of PRINCE2 management products as they relate to a project scenario
Day One (4)
- Practitioner Exam logistics and preparation
- Practice typical exam questions using realistic scenerios
- Exam tips and technique
- Reviewing an exam paper
Day Two (5)
- Revision session, clear up questions and issues
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
Class times 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM each day.