Developing a Project Management Office
- 1.4 CEU/14 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDP118Course Code
- This course is part of the Project Management Advanced Certificate Program, a program geared toward project managers looking to obtain the skills that are expected of them in order to advance to higher-level project management positions.
To compete in the current challenging economic environment, successful organizations are embracing project management as part of their overall strategy to achieve business results. Learn how a properly organized and managed Project Management Office can help your organization to achieve business success.
Who should attend
Senior project managers, program managers, or program directors.
What you will achieve
- Develop a mission for your PMO that meets corporate needs
- Develop communication and staffing plans to make your PMO a success
- Develop a workable plan to establish a Strategic PMO, or to improve your current PMO operations
What you will learn
- What Type of PMO do we need? — The difference between strategic and tactical Project Management Offices
- Relating the PMO to Business Needs — Determine what PMO functions are needed to best support your projects and company organization
- Services and Business Needs — How to define, staff and manage and effective Project Management Office to support what the business requires
- Making It Through the Start Up Phase — How to establish and operate a Strategic Project Management Office in your organization
- Getting Buy-In — The practices and procedures necessary to keep a Strategic Project Management Office contributing value to the organization