How To Achieve Results Through Influencing
- 0.7 CEU/7 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDP119ACourse Code
Effective influence doesn’t just happen! How do you get people to buy into your ideas and your needs? Being able to accurately read situations, individuals and groups, and applying the appropriate type of influence behavior are the keys to becoming successful at influencing. Influence is the ability to have others take a desired action while building and maintaining the relationship. Participants will learn influence strategy and behaviors and how to plan and prepare for them.
Who should attend
The course is for managers, team leaders, project managers, supervisors, customer service people, sales people and anyone who needs to get things done through others.
What you will achieve
- A sharpened sense of when and how to use four general approaches and 10 specific influence behaviors.
- The ability to set an overall influence strategy that takes into consideration both your task objectives and relationship objectives.
- The skills needed to determine the effective use of the influence behaviors based on the degree of commitment that you require from the other person or group.
- An increased awareness of how to plan effectively for important influence situations.
- Techniques to help increase effectiveness in overcoming resistance and resolving conflict.
What you will learn
- Influence Planning — using a planning guide to help summarize what you know about the influence situation and help determine the specific behaviors that will help accomplish your goal
- Influence Model — introduction to a model representing the use of four general approaches to influence and 10 specific influence behaviors
- Influence Flexibility — tips and guidelines on how to use various influence behaviors and understanding different communication styles and ways of behavior
- Influence Strengths — a self-survey and structured feedback exercises will be used to identify your strengths as an influencer
- Influence Application — a planning process gives each participant an opportunity to apply the influence concepts to an actual work situation.
- Influence Outcome — Learn to adjust your approach based on your desired goal and outcome.