Project Management for Everyone (Virtual)
- 2 3-hr sessions (6 hrs.)Duration
- .7 CEU/7 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDV254-1Course Code
Increased productivity, reduced stress, and greater confidence--these are the benefits of gaining control of your projects. This course provides practical skills and experience which allow you to clarify a project's description and outcomes, break a project into manageable tasks, avoid crisis management, and effectively manage multiple projects while maintaining daily work load. The goal of the course is to enable you to learn and practice a simple non-technical step-by step process for project management.
Who should attend
- Individuals whose job responsibilities include some management of projects.
- Individuals whose organizations/departments do not have any formal project management procedures.
- Individuals who want formal project management training using simple, user-friendly terminology and techniques.
- Individuals who are NOT interested in becoming PMP® certified.
- Individuals who do not need or want to know the meaning of PMBOK®, PMI® and PMP®
What you will achieve
- Greater confidence in defining, planning and managing projects.
- Reduced stress and greater control of multiple projects and daily workload.
- Greater project success by reducing wasted time and maximizing resources.
- Experience in using a simple, step-by step process for project management.
What you will learn
- Write clearly defined project statements.
- Clarify project objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Break a project into manageable tasks.
- Create a realistic time line and reduce time wasted through effective planning.
- Identify necessary resources for the project.
- Avoid potential problems through planning and communication.
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining daily workload.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities to improve team performance and accountability.
- Delegate assignments that minimize individual and team conflicts and maximize productivity.
- Design communications plans for your project team to follow during the course of the project.
- Evaluate the project's success and lessons learned.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Project Time Management
Clarify the Project
- Write clearly defined project scope statement
- Clarify business justification for the project
- Clarify project objectives with measurable outcomes
- Identify project deliverables
- Clarify project constraints: time and resources
- Identify project issues, concerns and assumptions
- Clarify key stakeholders needs and wants
Plan the Project
- Break a project into manageable tasks
- Assign realistic project milestones and due dates
- Identify needed project resources
- Clarify team roles and responsibilities
- Identify and plan for project risks
Execute and Control the Project
- Design a communications plan for the project
- Create an effective change management process
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining daily workload
Close the Project
- Evaluate the project’s success and lessons learned
- Create a close out checklist to avoid potential problems
- Create a project file of key project documentation
For an updated schedule for this course, please call us at 1.800.288.7246 (US) or +1.978.649.8200.