Enterprise Certificate Program: Architecting and Managing a Process-Centric Organization
This program provides an introduction to the principles, methodologies, and tools required to manage the processes, activities and reporting relationships in a process-centric organization. This course focuses on the development of a business process architecture and especially on defining business models, value chains, strategies, process competencies, and process performance measures and aligning them with the organization’s goals and available resources. The course relies on the use of business process frameworks and benchmarks to quickly create an architecture and a performance measurement system. Similarly, the course focuses on defining performance measures and aligning them to organization strategies and to specific value chains and processes. The alignment of performance measures relies on a balanced scorecard approach adopted for process work. The course also considers process governance issues and how to establish performance measures for process managers and how one can align processes with support processes and resources to create comprehensive enterprise architecture. Finally, the course considers how an organization can establish a BPM Center of Excellence that manages process work at the enterprise level, monitoring processes and prioritizing process change efforts.
Who should attend
This seminar is designed for managers of organizations that seek to move beyond departmental process improvement initiatives and establish an enterprise-wide understanding of process and an enterprise-wide approach to process management and measurement. This BPM course is a must for business and IT strategists and managers, as well as architects, analysts and designers involved in process-managed organizations, process-based change, and automation of process solutions. Process stewards/owners, program managers, change agents and organizational design professionals will all benefit from the content and interaction.
MDP260 and MDP262B are prerequisites for this program.
What you will achieve
- Understand the value and uses of a business process architecture
- Understand the relationship between business model, strategy, and stakeholder concerns and how they align to a business process architecture
- Understand the techniques needed to analyze, architect, and model a business process architecture
- Understand the techniques for maintaining a sustainable process architecture
- Understand how a business process architecture can be used to organize and align all of the support resources used in the organization. (For example, how a Business Process Architecture can anchor and organize an IT Enterprise Architecture)
- Understand how to organize a process governance system
- Understand how to align your process management approach with other management structures
- Understand how to evaluate the performance of process managers and to align their goals with organizational goals and with other managers' goals
- Understand the role of performance contracts in structuring a process-oriented organization
- Understand the tasks and processes that a BPM Center of Excellence should undertake
What you will learn
- How to organize and document the relationships between organization strategy, value chains and key business processes or competencies
- How to develop a model of all of the business processes in an organization
- How to analyze and design a process performance system
- How to organize a process governance system
- How to evaluate performance managers
- How to organize a BPM Center of Excellence
- How to organize, prioritize and manage a portfolio of business process change projects from within the BPM Center of Excellence