Communication Counts: Develop Individual and Group Potential (Virtual)
- 2 3-hr sessions (6 hrs.)Duration
- .6 CEU/6 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDV351Course Code
All class schedules are in Eastern Time.
Individual and team success depends upon the ability of individuals to communicate with others, face to face, as well as virtually. Every interaction with another person determines how you are perceived and every interaction is an opportunity to develop credibility and accountability. The communication skills covered in this course are required to successfully develop individual and group potential, increase clarity and positive impact, deal with difficult communications, and through professional interactions improve quality of relationships with colleagues, managers, and customers.
Who should attend
Individual contributors, team members whose success depends on their ability to communicate clearly, to be understood, and to professionally interact to develop positive and productive working relationships.
What you will achieve
- Well defined goals for more effective communication
- The ability to create an open environment for communication
- The skill to craft and express a clear compelling message
- Stronger relationships through powerful communication
- An understanding of other people’s communication styles and needs
- Tools to facilitate effective team interactions
- Confidence to deal with difficult communication situations
What you will learn
- Goals for Specific Communications— define your goals and then the most effective methods for delivery
- The Communication Process— understand the six step process
- Foundation Tools- for setting the stage for successful communications, one on one and with groups
- Barriers to Effective Communication— identify and develop methods to break down those barriers
- Communication Skills— learn how to combine the four key components and five basic skills to communicate with impact.
- Emotional Intelligence— apply five competencies to manage your own emotions and choose to respond vs. react to lead to more collaborative working relationships
- Face to Face and Virtual Facilitation/ Meeting Communication Skills— learn to communicate and facilitate effective group interactions.
- The CALM Model— a powerful model to use in conflict situations
- Set clear communication objectives
- Establish clear understanding of roles
- Clarify the requirements and process that is most effective to achieve communication outcomes
- Identify and utilize common ground for successful interactions
- Team Exercise
- Mental component — choice and control
- Gaining rapport — visual, vocal, and verbal
- Outcome thinking
- Listening for understanding
- Expressing without Provoking
- Questioning for specifics
- Expanding the skill set
- Influencing framework
- Personal needs and motivations
- Influencing strategy
- Influencing Exercise — Planning and Practice
- Communication Exercise — Real Plays
When Conflict Happens
Summary and Action Plans
- Lessons learned and plans for ongoing development
For an updated schedule for this course, please call us at 1.800.288.7246 (US) or +1.978.649.8200.