Critical Communications: What You Want, How You Feel, What You Say
Individual and team success depends upon the ability of individuals to communicate with others, face to face, as well as virtually. Every interaction with another person determines how you are perceived and every interaction is an opportunity to develop trust and exert positive influence. Whether presenting one to one or to an audience of one thousand, conveying information to a project team or delivering a difficult message, communicating effectively is one of the most powerful skills for achieving your objectives. This course develops your ability to focus on your outcome, tune in to your audience and develop your message for clarity and impact. Your ability to create an environment for open discussion and ongoing dialogue is crucial for communication success. The communications skills covered in this course will increase your ability to exercise choice and control for every type of conversation, influence with out authority and improve quality of relationships and productivity.
Who should attend
Individual contributors, Managers, Team leaders, whose success depends on their ability to communicate clearly, to be understood and to influence how another person performs, and create positive working relationships.
What you will achieve
- Well defined goals for more effective communication The ability to create an open environment for communication
- The skill to communicate clearly
- Stronger relationships through powerful communication
- An understanding of other people’s communication styles and needs
- The ability to facilitate effective team and meeting communications.
- Confidence to deal with difficult communication situations.
What you will learn
- Goals for Specific Communications — define your goals and then the most effective methods for delivery
- The Communication Process understand the six step process
- Foundation Tools for setting the stage for successful communications, one on one and with groups
- Barriers to Effective Communication — identify and develop methods to break down those barriers
- Communication Skills — learn how to combine the four key components and five basic skills to communicate with impact.
- Influencing Techniques expand on communication skills, using techniques and strategies to influence other’s behaviors and develop more collaborative working relationships
- Planning a Communication Strategy identify your communication outcome and plan the best approach for achieving positive results
- Face to face and Virtual Facilitation/ Meeting Communication Skills learn to communicate and facilitate effective group interactions.