Manage Agile Projects Using Scrum
- 2 days Duration
- 1.4 CEU/14 PDU/Credits/Units
- MDP389Course Code
Agile project management is a project management methodology based on the idea that projects must be able to adapt to ever changing business needs. To minimize risk, components are built in small, discrete timeframes There have been several approaches to agile project management over the years. Scrum, the approach addressed in this course, has been used since the early 1990's. While not directly addressed in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), Scrum is a form of iterative project management referenced in the PMBOK.
Agile Project Management Using Scrum provides context for what agile project management is, its benefits, and how it differs from traditional project management. It also introduces roles, processes, and techniques to overcome the challenges of working on agile projects.
In keeping with the philosophy of the CEG, the course is taught by experienced project managers, and much of the class time is devoted to exercises in which participants can practice the skills being taught. Job aids introduced in the course can be used by participants when they return to the workplace to help them apply their new skills in the performance of job tasks.
Key characteristics that differentiate this course from others include:
- Experiential Training.
- Two case studies are integrated into the course to allow participants to view demonstrations of work products and techniques and then apply learned skills within a consistent context.
- Much of the class time is devoted to exercises in which participants can practice the skills being taught.
- The course is written and delivered by professionals with extensive experience in project management.
- Applied Focus.
- The Participant Guide includes dozens of job aids that are referenced throughout the course and available to the participant after training; these include work product templates and samples, as well as checklists for processes and best practices.
This course is currently not scheduled. To be notified of the next available date, provide us with your information. Or, if you have a group to train, contact us to learn more about bringing this course onsite to your location:
Call: 1.800.288.7246 (US ONLY) or +1.978.649.8200