Enterprise Analysis for Your Organization (Virtual)
- 4 3-hr sessions (12 hrs.)Duration
- 12 CDU/1.2 CEU/12 PDU/Credits/Units
- BAV115aCourse Code
An organization selects and prioritizes projects based on whether they align with and contribute to its strategic goals and objectives. By applying business analysis practices, organizations identify business opportunities, build the framework of their Business Architecture, and determine the enterprise’s optimum investment path for its projects, including implementing new solutions for business and technical systems. Ultimately the organization selects and prioritizes projects that optimize the return on organizational investments.
At the enterprise level, business analysts are often called upon to provide vital support to decision makers who rely on the business analyst's expertise to help evaluate proposed corporate initiatives and projects. This course explores the business analysis practices employed as projects are proposed, approved, implemented, and measured against business objectives.
Throughout the course, practical tasks and techniques are presented to equip the business analyst with the skills and knowledge to identify, understand, and prioritize problems and opportunities;determine the risks and exposures to the business;investigate alternatives and select those that best align with the organization’s goals;develop a business case to help the organization determine if it can justify the investment required to deliver the proposed solution.
This course explores the role of the business analyst and those practices employed to identify and understand business needs, assess capability gaps, determine the solution approach, define the solution scope, and define and develop the business case for an initiative or pending project.
Throughout the course, tasks, elements, and hands-on-experience using techniques are presented to equip the business analyst with the skills, concepts, and knowledge to work in the enterprise arean of an organization.
Key characteristics that differentiate this course from others include:
Mapping to the IIBA Body of Knowledge
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is designated by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) as a Charter Endorsed Education Provider. This course supports understanding of the following Knowledge Areas and is 100% compliant with IIBA's current Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK):
- Enterprise Analysis
- Two case studies are integrated into the course to allow participants to view demonstrations of work products and techniques and then apply learned skills within a consistent context. Much of the class time is devoted to exercises in which participants can practice the skills being taught.
- The course is written and delivered by professionals with extensive experience in business analysis.
- Applied Focus The Participant Guide includes many job aids that are referenced throughout the course and available to the participant after training;these include work product templates and samples, as well as checklists for processes and best practices.
- This course is part of the Business Analysis Advanced Certificate Program, a comprehensive program for business analysts that want to expand their knowledge in strategic project management issues.
|$995||Apr 11,13,18,20 2017||Virtual Classroom|
For scheduling information beyond the above dates, call 1.800.288.7246 (US Only) or +1.978.649.8200.
Please review our cancellation policy before you register.Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.